WhatsApp video status app for iPhone, or Android [without jailbreak], Ever since WhatsApp introduced Snapchat-like status updates back in February, people have been looking for ways on how to save WhatsApp status video and pictures. The Status-update feature was greeted with mixed feelings at first as expected but a lot of people seem to have embraced the development.
Every day, millions of people update WhatsApp status with pictures and interesting video contents; one can’t help but laugh at some of these hilarious updates. Ever since the thirst for knowledge to save WhatsApp status videos and pictures have increased, few have found a way around this but most people still have to ask their contacts who uploaded these Statuses to send to them. What if you could actually save these WhatsApp video status app for iPhone, or Android yourself?
Download WhatsApp Status Photos & Videos with File Manager
Method 1 – Android & iPhone
WhatsApp stores all status videos and pictures you’ve viewed on your phone in a particular which you cannot find. After a while, these photos and videos disappear from the folder and you have to act fast after viewing them to actually save them permanently on your device. To know how to save WhatsApp status video and pictures, follow the steps outlined below:
- Download File Manager for Android and install on your devices.
- Open the File Manager, tap on the menu and go to Settings. Scroll down and toggle off the Hide system files button to the left.
- The hidden folders and files can now be seen. WhatsApp stores your viewed Status Videos and Pictures in one of these folders.
- Enter your phone’s memory from the File Manager and locate a folder named WhatsApp. Navigate to Media and tap on the. Statuses
- The .Statuses folder contains the recent Statuses you’ve viewed as shown below.
- Since the folder is hidden naturally, you need to move the status videos and pictures you want to save permanently on your phone to a folder that is not hidden, i.e. picture or videos folder.
TM WHATSAPP APK (WITH INBUILT VPN) LATEST VERSION
Download WhatsApp Status Photos & Videos with BuildStore
Method 1 – Android & iPhone
To do this you must have a BuildStore subscription, we shall discuss further.
- Uninstall the Original WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Register your iPhone on BuildStore.
- Open your Safari browser and click here to install WhatsApp ++.
- Open WhatsApp++ and register with a valid phone number.
- Go to WhatsApp stories section.
- Tap on the button in the top right corner to download, select where to save afterwards.
Download WhatsApp Status Photos & Videos on ios with WhatsApp Pocket
Method 1 – iOS
WhatsApp Pocket is a data recovery software which has the feature to let you save WhatsApp status videos and images. It works as a desktop app and is available for download on Windows and Mac.
- Download WhatsApp Pocket and Install on your MacBook.
- Run the app and connect your iPhone/iPad to your computer.
- On WhatsApp Pocket, select your device and start the scan. Wait till scan is finished.
- WhatsApp chats will be displayed, including files such as images, videos from your contacts Status updates.
- Click and Preview on the WhatsApp chats, the status you want.
- Click on “Export Attachment” button and choose where to save.
Download WhatsApp Status Photos & Videos on Android with Status Saver
Method 1 – Android
If you do not want to do this manually, there are several apps available on Google Play Store that offer to let you save WhatsApp Status photos and videos. In this demonstration, we’ll use an app called Status Saver for WhatsApp. Here’s how it works.
Note: It is assumed that you already have WhatsApp installed on your Android device.
- Download and install Status Saver, if you haven’t already done it.
- Open WhatsApp and navigate to the Status section.
- View the Status of the person, from which you want to download media files. While being viewed, WhatsApp will automatically download the containing media files in its internal hidden “.Status” folder.
- Now open Status Saver.
- Browse the downloaded photos and videos from viewed WhatsApp Statuses, and select the ones that you want to download.
- Click on the Save button.
The selected Status Photos & Videos will be downloaded to your Photos Gallery.
That is how to save WhatsApp Status videos and pictures on the iPhone and Android without jailbreak.